Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 280

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

THE VALIANT #4 PAGE 17. 2015. Digital 2750 × 4175 px.

It's finally out! Be sure to pick up your copy of The Valiant #4, and if you happen to be in San Francisco, my Dad and I will be signing today at Isotope Comics from 5:30-6:30.


Pushin' against a wall

Here you can see how random my need for reference can be. Out of a 9-panel page, only 1 of the figures required a photo assist. (But even that was just barely necessary.) I used a fair amount of reference for the cargo plane interior and exterior, but that's more a hodgepodge of any pics I can find online.

This was another of the all-digital pages. When things get complicated, especially if perspective is involved, it's easier to keep pages in the computer. My Dad still inked about 2/3 of the book traditionally.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.